October 15, 2014

ekkaDi mAnusha


Annamaiah enumerates a number of mundane activities of people who forget the spiritual and eternal values. He wonders why people are in such a delusion (maya).

P
yekkaDi mAnusha janmam bettina phala mEmunnadi
nikkamu ninnE nammiti nee chittam bikanu ||

What is the use of this human birth?
I truly believe in you only.
It is left to your free will. ||

C1
maravanu AhArambunu maravanu samsArasukhamu
maravanu indriya bhOgamu mAdhava nee mAya
maracheda sujnAnambunu maracheda tatva rahasyamu
maracheda guruvunu daivamu mAdhava nee mAya ||

 I do not forget food or family pleasures.
I do not forget physical enjoyment.
O Madhava, it is all your maya (delusion).
I forget knowledge and philosophic secret.
I forget my teacher and God.
It is Madhava's maya.

C2
viDuvanu pApamu puNyamu viDuvanu nA durguna mulu
viDUvanu mikkili yAsalu vishNuDa nee mAya
viDicheda shat karmambulu viDicheda vairAgyambunu
viDicheda nAchArambunu vishNuDa nee mAya ||

I am not aware what sin is and what piety is.
I do not leave greed.
O Vishnu, it is all your maya.
I neglect my religious rituals and forget detachment.
I ignore customs and traditions.
O Vishnu, it is all your maya.

C3
tagileda bahu lampaTamula tagileda bahu bandhamula
tagulanu mOkshapu mArgamu talapuna entainA
agapaDi Sree vEnkaTESwara antaryAmi vai
nagi nagi nanu nee vEliti nAkA ee mAya ||

I am drawn into entanglements and many bonds.
I do not cling to the path of liberation.
I would not even think of it.
Oh Sri Venkatesa, you are seen as my inner self.
You rule me smilingly.
Why then, for me too this delusion?

No comments:

Post a Comment